On Sep 23, 8:41 am, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> On 23 Sep 2011, at 07:37, Roger Granet wrote:
>
> > Bruno,
>
> >     Hi.  Yes, I am pretty much a materialist/physicalist.
>
> So, you cannot defend the idea that the brain (or whatever responsible
> for our consciousness) is Turing emulable. OK?

Bruno:

When you state “that the brain (or whatever responsible for our
consciousness) is Turing emulable”…in using the term Turing “emulable”
do you mean that the brain is being imitated, is represented, is an
instantiation, or something stronger such as the Turing machine
actually having inducted number properties of “encoded” information.

Could you clarify why the term Turing “emulable” is used and not
Turing “represented” or Turing “instantiated” or even Turing
“encoded”?

Thanks