On 10/14/2011 8:48 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Oct 14, 10:46 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
On 10/14/2011 7:13 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Oct 14, 9:00 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>    wrote:
On 10/14/2011 5:16 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
You already noted that diurnal cycles get synced by light/dark cycles.  The
point is that
you don't will these cycles, yet you rely on them: to wake up on time, to
remember
appointments, etc.
We do will those cycles.
Then how do you manage to wake up a given time in the morning?  Are you
"willing" them in
your sleep?
We don't have to will them, it's voluntary. Sometimes they wake us up,
and sometimes we wake them up. It's all 'us' it's just that some
aspects of what we are are more physiological, some are more
subjective, and some shift dynamically within different ranges. We
have habits, addictions, choices, conditioning, creativity,
involuntary and voluntary motivations of all shades and intensities.

All that I'm trying to do is to describe the universe in the way that
it ordinarily works. I'm not even getting near any kind of non-
ordinary realities or forces or anything, just what our common sense
perceptions and scientific observations tell us without inferring any
forces, fields, or quantum pseudosubstances. When I say sensorimotive,
I don't mean anything spooky, I just mean regular old thoughts,
feelings, images, flavors, sounds, desires, actions, etc.

I know you do. That's why you fail to explain why their is a connection between having a (human like) brain and consciousness. You seem to assert folk psychology and panpsychism at the same time.