What about the idea that the choices you make are likely to reflect those of
an infinite number of "similar" individuals? It's sort of like the issue of
voting or trying to minimize your energy usage to help the environment, even
if your individual choice makes very little difference, if everyone decides
their choices don't matter and choose the less beneficial option, then this
does significantly change the outcome for the worse. It makes me think of
Douglas Hofstadter's notion of "superrationality" which he discusses in an
essay in "Metamagical Themas":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superrationality

Hofstadter's idea here seems like a variation on Kant's idea that the moral
choice is the one that it would make sense for *everyone* to adopt (see
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/kant-moral/#ForUniLawNat )--I just skimmed
Bostrom's paper but I didn't see any detailed discussion of this sort of
ethical theory, which is odd since Bostrom is a philosopher and this has
been a pretty influential idea in ethics.

Physicist (and many-worlds advocate) David Deutsch also makes a somewhat
similar point about morality in a quantum multiverse in this article:
http://www.kurzweilai.net/taming-the-multiverse

 “By making good choices, doing the right thing, we thicken the stack of
universes in which versions of us live reasonable lives,” he says. “When you
succeed, all the copies of you who made the same decision succeed too. What
you do for the better increases the portion of the multiverse where good
things happen.”

Jesse