On 07 Nov 2011, at 23:08, John Mikes wrote:

To Qentin: "DEATH" an excellent vaiation for immoprtality. I always emphasize that ETERNITY is NOT a "time" indicator, can most likely be timeless ("POOF" it is over).

To Bruno:
we wrote already about your 2c question "WHO ARE WE?" and you answered something like "Gods". That may be a cheap shot, but unidentifiable are both. (Philosophical Goedelism: you cannot identify yourself from within yourself). For sure we are not what WE think we are.

Computer science: a consistent digital machine cannot prove to be any consistent machine.

Computer science: if we accept Theaetetus' definition of knowledge, a sound machine can be said to be NOT able to NOT identify herself with something she can NOT even name.

We might perhaps be ONLY what WE think we are. Alas, we cannot know for sure who or what WE are or do the thinking.

Bruno

John M