On 2/17/2012 12:25 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 17 Feb 2012, at 19:51, meekerdb wrote:

On 2/17/2012 9:09 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
This does not follow from what you say above. On the contrary, if by chance or reason, we build "intelligent machine", we will have new opportunities to study consciousness and its role in mind and matter.

I don't think it would ever be nice that consciousness and first person become otiose. You could say that one day the machines will be able to do our jobs and the humans will become otiose.

And on other forums I do say that.  :-)

And it makes you smile!

:)

Let us destroy completely the atmosphere of this planet, this will be excellent for the artificial reality and artificial body vendor business.

I would prefer earth to become the home of the non-comp people, and their carbonic fetishes.
A museum of the ancient life style.

The comp people are those who will leave the planet and explore the galaxy, infinity and beyond :)

Right. I hope that we are just a step in an evolution that can spread beyond Earth - but leaving Earth for us and our fellow carbon based life forms.