On 5/29/2012 4:38 PM, Aleksandr Lokshin wrote:
It is impossible to consider common properties of elements of an infinite set since, as is known from psycology, a man can consider no more than 7 objects simultaneously. Therefore consideration of such objects as a multitude of triangles seems to be impossible. Nevertheless we consider such multitudes and obtain results which seem to be true. The method we employ is comsideration of a very specific "*single but arbitrary*" object. Your remarkable objection that "*if two mathematicians consider two different arbitrary objects they will obtain different results"* demonstrates that you are not a mathematician. Arbitrary element is not an object, it is a mental but non-physical process which*enables one to do a physically impossible thing : to observe an infinite set of objects simultaneously* considering then all their common properties at a single really existing object. Therefore two different mathematicians will necessarily obtain the same result.

Hi Aleksandr,

This makes mathematicians very special as they are able to escape the bounds of resources that all non-mathematicians are subject to. How would a mathematican prove to a layman that he truly has such powers? Would they tend to beincorrigible <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/incorrigible>? :-P