My friend Vic Stenger has written a blog on free will, mostly in response to
Sam Harris

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/victor-stenger/free-will-is-an-illusion_b_1562533.html?ref=science
(don't bother to read the comments)

Vic suggests dropping the term 'free will' and using the term 'autonomy' to refer to the social/legal concept of acting free of coercion.

And Jerry Coyne has also commented.

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/victor-stenger-and-janna-levin-on-our-lack-of-free-will/
(do read the comments)

He is strictly a determinist and denies the implication of compatibilism that there some 'free will' (or autonomy) worth having. But interestingly both he and Vic conclude that this implies we need to overhaul our judicial system, while Harris is not so sure.