Again, not any published cellular automaton.

wrb

From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jason Resch
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:51 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Why AI is impossible

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM, William R. Buckley <bill.buck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

No, Langton's loops do not count.  Nor do any published
cellular automaton.

William,

Do these count:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann_universal_constructor ?

Read these papers:

Computational Ontogeny, already published in Biological Theory

and

Constructor Ontogeny, accepted for full presentation at
ECTA-2012.

Send your email address and I will forward these papers.

I am interested in seeing these papers.  If you don't use e-mail to interact
with this list, you can go to the google group's page to get any poster's
e-mail address.  It has some anti-spam protection which is slightly safer
than posting one's e-mail address directly to this list.

Jason

wrb