From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-15, 04:17:20
Subject: Re: Imprisoned by language (code)

Hi Roger,

On 14 Aug 2012, at 18:26, Roger wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

Well, I feel like Daniel must have felt when before the Giant.
And I can't even find a rock to sling.

Nevertheless, as I see it, computers are imprisoned by language (computer code).
Like our social selves.  But like Kierkegaard, I believe that ultimate truth
is subjective (can, like meaning, only be experienced).  Life
cannot truly be expressed or experienced in code.

No problem for comp here. We have discovered that machine, when looking inward
tend to perceive, or experience many truth which are beyond words. There is a
logic (S4Grz) which formalize at the meta-level that non-formalizable (at the
ontological level) informal process of though. I wrote (and published) recently
a paper on this, (the mystical machine, in french) but it is what I try to
explain here since a long time. Machines have already a non formalizable (by
themselves) intuition. Indeed self-referentally correct machine have a rich,
neoplatonist-like, theology. On my url front page, you can download my paper on
an arithmetical interpretation of Plotinus, made possible (and necessary in
some sense) by computer science.

Bruno

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/14/2012