On 07 Sep 2012, at 16:06, Roger Clough wrote:

Theres is some duplication in the propositions below which I have not bothered
to clear up, sorry.

1) Mind, being inextended, is "outside" of the brain, which is extended.
    Mind (shared and the general, Platonia) is the subjective realm.
Brain (personal, private, the particular, materialistic) is in the objective realm.

Mind does not even belong to the category of things capable of being extended or not extended.

2) So Mind is beyond spacetime (Platonic) , but each brain is in spacetime
 (materialistic), and only brains can access the Platonic*.

Only persons, using brains.

3) Brains are in time, as are all materialistic things, including computers.
Mind is timeless*.

OK.

4) Objective time is in spacetime, so can be measured.

OK. Note that "objective" = "capable of being doubted", or "capable of being an illusion or a dream".

5) Subjective time is outside of spacetime, so only sensible by the brain.

By the person. My brain does no more thinking than my stomach do tasting. The brain is just a local tool.

* So I think of our brains as racing through Mind in an auto
while looking at the passing landscape of Mind.

Except that eventually, the brain is only a construct of the mind too. The persons are in Platonia.

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/7/2012
so that everything could function."