On 9/18/2012 9:27 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
The unreasonable effectiveness of math in the physical sciences is yet further support if Platonism.

I don't see that this follows. If we invent language, including mathematics, to describe our theories of the world that explains their effectiveness. But it doesn't imply that every description refers. The mathematics of Maxwell's equations was (and is) very effective, but we now believe they only approximately describe what exists.

Brent

If this, and seemingly infinite physical universes exist, and they are mathematical structures, why can't others exist?