On 9/19/2012 4:34 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:54:25 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:

    On 9/19/2012 3:12 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

    On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:20:00 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:

        On 9/19/2012 2:11 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

        On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:27:13 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:

            Hi Richard Ruquist

            Obeying the commandments will not get you into heaven,
            only believing in Christ's sacrifice for us will do that.

        What kind of a sacrifice is that? "I'm going to do you the biggest
favor you
        can imagine, but if you don't believe in it, then my favor is worthless
and
        makes anything good that you have ever done in your life a complete
waste of
        time".

        If I were Satan, I would write the Bible exactly as it is, full of
horrific
        promises and threats that can be interpreted in many ways. It's pretty
much
        like dropping candy colored hand grenades onto a school playground. The
        grenades would say "if anyone tries to take this away from you, then
they
        deserve whatever happens to them".

        But I'm curious; as a member of the EVERYTHING-list, don't you believe
that
        there's a world where the Bible is essentially accurate (modulo direct
        contradictions)?

    I don't know about accurate, but there are certainly phenomenological
states where
    the Bible can seem powerfully important, i.e. super-significant - for good
or evil.

    But those are phenomenological states in this world, and apparently you
think the
    qualifier "seem" means "false" in this world.  I'm asking about all those
infinitely
    many other worlds?

The phenomenological states and the sense that they make of each other are the only worlds that there are. Seeming is not false, rather truth is nothing but mutually overlapping seeming among more and more worlds.

Seeming to whom?...more and more Craigs?

In this case, there seems to me to be much more overlapping seeming outside of the Bible than inside of it.

So is this a purely personal seeming to you?  Polls show it's a minority
seeming in the U.S.