Stathis,
do you think "Lucy" had the same (thinking?) hardware as you have? are you
negating (human and other) development (I evade 'evolution') as e.g. the
famous cases of mutation?  Is all that R&D a reshuffling of what WAS
already knowable?
Maybe my agnosticism dictates different potentials at work from your
Idon'tknowwhat position, but in my belief system there is - beyond our
existing world-model - an "infinite complexity" of unknowable
whoknowswhat-s infiltrating into our knowable inventory in ways adjusted to
our capabilities. THAT I cannot assign to an algorithmic machine.
Then again you write: "UNIVERSE" - a word usually applied to our part of a
'physical world' - not the Everything of which it may be part of. My
(assumed?) infinite complexity is not restricted to physical units of our
universe.
Accordingly I see some definitional discrepancy between our conclusions.

John Mikes