On 02 Dec 2012, at 13:11, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

Semantic truth I think is 1p (personal, private) truth,

Truth is always semantical, and it can be 3p (it usually is).
Subjective truth, like with feeling, sensations, ... is 1p, but it is only a personal relative view on something bigger. You might be conflating God and the inner God, somehow.

Semantic is a sub-branch of mathematical logic, usually known as model theory.

Note that logician use "model" in the sense of the painters. the model is the reality, not the theory used to describe the reality. Logicians studied explicitly the relation between theories and their models.

The 1p comes when *some* representable beliefs are true. A bit like when you plunge a map in the territory described by the map: there will be a fixed point which is the same in the territory and in reality (the famous: "you are here" point).

which mnakes it contingent, while logical truth is necessary

Even logical truth can be said contingent on the logic chosen. There are many logics. Now for a platonist, classical logic is single out, but not as the most true one, but as the one which is the simpler to make sense on ... the other logics.

as well as public or 3p truth. I think
comnputers have problems with 1p truth because
for one thing the coding is done by someone outside.

The 1p truth of the machine is not coded in the machine. Some actual machines knows already that, and can justified that If there are machine (and from outside we can know this to correct) then the 1p- truth is not codable. The 1p truth are more related to the relation between belief and reality (not necessarily physical reality, except for observation and sensation).

Even the simple, and apparently formal Bp & p is NOT codable.
Most truth about machine, including some that they can know, are not codable.
Many things true about us is not codable either.

Bruno

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
12/2/2012