On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> [...]
> It is only dreamed by numbers. It emerges from the epistemology/theology of
> the numbers.
>

> Those assumptions are merely that-- assumptions.
>

> Comp is an assumption, and it is rather equivalent with what you say to
> paragraph above, but not with the one paragraph above.
> All theories *are* assumptions. Consciousness is the only thing which can be
> said not being an assumption (at least not a conscious one!), but it is not
> a theory, it is an experience.
>

> So thanks,
> doctor, but no thanks. Comp requires huge additional assumptions
> to be uised in my case for a transplant.
>

> This is incorrect. Non-comp is a stronger assumption. To make it you need to
> speculate on something far more complex than whatever we know about brain
> and universe. Likewise, to even make sense of it, you should tell us what
> you think is not Turing emulable in the brain.
>
> Comp is so weak that Diderot defined rationalism by its ancestor mechanist
> doctrine.
>
> Comp is phrased often by "no magic". It assumes the less, and then by UDA,
> it gives the simple TOE. Any Turing complete formalism (any Turing universal
> program, or system, etc.). And it explains constructively how to derive
> theology including physics, from just 0, 1, 2, 3 ... together with the laws
> of + and *.  But you need to be familar with the first person indeterminacy
> to get a feeling how that is possible. You might need also some more
> knowledge of basic computer science, for the UD notion.
>
> And the theology is close to your intuition on Plato and Leibniz. So gain
> your "no thanks" seems premature, and the reason you give is wrong as it
> assumes less than any other theory (much less, as it do not assume a
> primitive physical universe.
>
> Bruno
>

> [Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
> 11/24/2012

> From: Bruno Marchal
> Receiver: everything-list
> Time: 2012-11-24, 07:03:29
> Subject: Re: who is in control , you or the computer ?
>
> Hi Roger Clough,
>
> On 23 Nov 2012, at 18:18, Roger Clough wrote:
>
> Hi Bruno Marchal
>
> I blow hot and cold about comp because I am not
> really a theoretical thinker, I have to see how whatever works,
> and I' stuck on US(1) as I do not know who is in control:
> you or the computer ?.
>

> You. the computer, or even the brain, is just a tool used by your
> consciousness to manifest yourself in the environment.
>
> Brain and computer cannot, strictly speaking, think. Only person can think
> and take initiative. Comp does not assume a computer can think (if computer
> denotes the material machine), it assumes only that a computer can manifest
> the complex number relations, or programs relations needed for your
> consciousness to manifest itself in some environment.
>
> Feel free to ask any question (perhaps regrouped so as to avoid mailboxes

I have been concerned with the source of energy within comp..
Over on another list there is a fellow proposing that energy is conscious.
It seems that he originally got this idea from the Seth channeled material.

But nevertheless, the question on that basis that comes to my mind is:
Within comp does physical energy arise as a result of consciousness?

Here is a ref that says that work arises from entanglement:
http://www.phys.ethz.ch/~dahlsten/entanglementintro.pdf

Also I recently learned, I am ashamed to admit, that quantum information theory,
which is based on complex numbers, allows for entropy to have negative values.
Does comp also make that prediction?

I am unable to find a ref for negative entropy in QIT.
Richard