On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:
> On 12/5/2012 10:05 PM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>>
>> Monads are not strings.
>> They are compactified dimensions
>> and much smaller than strings
>> which really are waves or fields.
>> If monads were really outside of spacetime
>> they would not influence anything in spacetime.,
>
> Dear Richard,
>
>     What are "dimensions"?

"In physics and mathematics, the dimension of a space or object is
informally defined as the minimum number of coordinates needed to
specify any point within it.[1][2] Thus a line has a dimension of one
because only one coordinate is needed to specify a point on it (for
example, the point at 5 on a number line). A surface such as a plane
or the surface of a cylinder or sphere has a dimension of two because
two coordinates are needed to specify a point on it (for example, to
locate a point on the surface of a sphere you need both its latitude
and its longitude). The inside of a cube, a cylinder or a sphere is
three-dimensional because three co-ordinates are needed to locate a
point within these spaces."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimension_(mathematics_and_physics)

The same definition applies to the 6 wrapped-up dimensions of the
Calabi-Yau Compact Manifolds before they get wrapped up. At
compactification (wrapping) these 6 dimensions seemingly align two at
a time in the east-west direction, and two at a time in the
north-south direction and two at a time in the up-down  direction. At
any point in 3D space, the two dimensions in each direction then are
spliced into tiny lengths and curl up into (open or  closed?)
loops/surfaces with opposite spin resulting in tiny particles with
about 500 topo holes each with a constraining higher-order EM flux
winding thru all the holes and apparently spin capability in all 3
space dimensions but zero spin on the average..

I suspect that at that time they no longer should be called
dimensions. String physicists call them moduli and they are very
massive. The fields associated with the moduli, the moduli fields have
mass above the GUT scale http://arxiv.org/pdf/1204.2795v1.pdf. Below
the GUT scale the moduli fields decay into the particles; electrons,
quarks, etc. that are known to physics and perhaps Dark-Matter SUSY
WIMPs. Dark Matter axions also exist along with the moduli fields but
have their masses suppressed (by Planck mechanisms they say?) into a
uniform distribution of mass from the GUT scale down to 10^-33 ev.
Seems that axions are for sure Dark Matter and possibly the only Dark
Matter depending on how the string physics unfolds.

So the compact manifold CM particles or moduli composed of formerly
six dimensions do not decay. They are with us today at a density
between 10^90/cc and 10^80/cc, depending on the size of each CM and
their spacing. According to Lubos Motl they are still as massive and
rigid as ever, but they are decoupled from gauge particles by that
same Planck mechanism (whatever that is) down to zero mass. So the 3D
array of CM particles, what I call string monads, is rigid being made
of remnant dimensions/surfaces that are much smaller than any string
or physical particle. Their small size (very large energy) allows for
the pair-production
of any and all virtual gauge particles necessary for physical particle
screening and interactions..
Richard