On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:03:13 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2012, at 19:17, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>

> > On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:07:16 PM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> >

> > Your servitor:
> >
> > 1) Arithmetic (comp)
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Bruno
> >
> > To which I add:
> >
> > 0) That which perceives, understands, participates, and gives rise
> > to comp.
>

> OK. But this is just to make things more complex for avoiding comp.

No, it reveals that comp takes the machine that it runs on for granted.
Comp doesn't need to be avoided when you realize that it isn't necessary in
the first place.

> You get the whole unsolved mind-body problem back.

It isn't a problem, it is the fundamental symmetry of Universe. If you
don't have a mind-body distinction, then you are in a non-ordinary state of
consciousness which does not commute to other beings in public space.

> With the CTM ( a
> better name for comp), that which perceives, understands, participates
> and discovers comp is explained entirely (except 1% of its
> consciousness) by the only two laws:
>
> Kxy = x
> Sxyz = xz(yz)

Laws? What are those? How do they govern? How do these formulas become
perception, understanding, participation, and discovery? I know what sense
is, because everything that I can experience makes some kind of sense with
in some sensory experience or is itself a sensory experience. 'Two Laws' is
an idea which makes intellectual sense but has no presence or effect
without a participant who is in some way subject to that presence or
effect. Being present and subject to an effect is sense.

> or if you prefer:
>
> x + 0 = x
> x + (y + 1) = (x + y) + 1
>
>   x *0 = 0
>   x*(y + 1) = x*y + x
>
> By adding the perceiver, we put marmalade on the (red) pill, an
> unnecessary magic.

The perceiver does not have to be added, it is impossible to remove. You
are looking at a blackboard in the sky and deciding that it is a doorway to
a world in which actual experience comes from the idea of counting.
Counting is an experience. Computing requires computers. Computers require
sense.

I continue to be,
Craig