From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-16, 14:31:22
Subject: Re: Moral evaluations of harm are instant and emotional,brainstudyshows

On 12/16/2012 9:49 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

My standard comment is that the Democrats will say that they are going to do
good things and not do them while Republicans will do bad things and then say
that they are good.

Hi Craig,

    To me it boils down to a willingness to be objective. If one defines a
standard of measure of good and bad, then one must apply it consistently.
Otherwise there is no such thing as "good' or 'bad". Tribalism comes with a
shiftable measure of good and bad (stealing from non-members of the tribe is
OK, stealing from tribe members is bad, for example), this makes tribalism bad,
IMHO, not matter what kind of tribalism it is!

--
Onward!

Stephen