On 17 Dec 2012, at 12:51, Telmo Menezes wrote:

I believe in the one god of CTM and its (X & Z) logically derived
string theory that is omnipotent (contains and carries out the laws of
physics),

When people claim that an entity is omnipotent, they are generally implying intentionality on the part of the entity.

omniscient (instantly senses the entire universe),

Same thing. It is implied that "someone" is doing the sensing.

and
omnipresent (is distributed throughout the universe),

Proponents of classical physics could have claimed the same thing.

but not
necessarily omnibenevolent,
that sustains one physical universe while knowing (computing) all
possible universes. What label do I deserve?

Atheist. You don't seem to believe in deities.

If he believes in a omnipotent, or even just very powerful, creator/ person who doesn't meddle in the universe (sort 'the great programmer') and doesn't care what humans do, then he's a deist.

If comp is correct, we already know how to create such a simulation. We just have to run the universal dovetailer for a long enough time. We might soon have the computational resources to do it, with quantum computers. That wouldn't make us gods:

- No omnipotence: He have absolutely no control, we are simulating *everything* - No omniscience: We wouldn't even be able to understand the macro levels of such universes. Decoding the output of the machine is a problem many orders of magnitude greater than building the machine - possibly requiring inimaginable computational power - No omnipresence: we would not be part of the computation in any meaningful way

We have already the technology to run a UD, and I have actually run one, in LISP, for a week, in 1991. No improvement in technology can genuinely accelerate it, even quantum computation. A quantum UD is of no use, but this does not mean that the quantum dovetailing, which is "already" emulated by the additive and multiplicative structure of the natural numbers, might not be the "winner" for the battle measure. All this is testable.