From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-03, 19:57:51
Subject: Re: The evolution of good and evil

On 1/3/2013 1:01 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 5:44:32 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

Chemotherapy is generally thought to be evil to the cancer
(it tries to kill it) and good to the patient (it tries ultimately to
cure him through killing the cancer).

While chemotherapy works against the cancer, on the other hand,
Christian believers such as me believe that the holy spirit, if
so requested, can fill you with life and so defeat a cancer by that means.

Yet being filled with the holy spirit cannot reverse an amputated limb, or
protect against a tsunami?

Hi Craig,

    The premise of this line of thinking seems not even wrong to me. Is is even
logical to consider an entity that can both note the vocalizations of finite
creatures and make chances for them? Santa Clause is more plausible... Can
people not just grow up and see the world as something other than a
supplication game? There is no "man in the sky". Relics of monarchical ages
need to be left behind. ;-)

--
Onward!

Stephen