On 10 Jan 2013, at 13:07, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

Sheldrake's morphisms might be thought of as life fields.

What is that supposed to explain?

But I don't think fields themselves are physical, rather they are
monadic, descriptions of physical things.

I am not sure that I understand what you mean by physical.

Keep in mind that in the comp theory, the physical is epistemological. (Unless there is a flaw in UDA, etc.)

The physical is the content of shared dreams, shared between us with us = all the Löbian entities (machines and divinities (non machines, oracles, etc.)).

We belong to a continuum of matrices, consistent with the overall arithmetical truth (which appears to be something quite transcendental with comp).

This might be false, and my point is only that this is a testable consequence of comp (and QM rather succeeds well the test up to now).

Then I illustrate that the computationalist "big picture" is closer to Plato (and many others, perhaps Descartes, Kant and Leibniz) than to naturalism, physicalism, or any (weak) materialist doctrine which reifies matter.

Bruno

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/10/2013