On 17/01/2013, at 8:17 AM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I agree. Even Hamerov would agree, despite the low and quantum level. Only
>> Penrose, but probably also Searle, would disagree, I guess. Perhaps Craig,
>> and most believer in non comp.
>
> We could ask one of the people who are made of a different kind of matter
> than human beings. While we are at it, we could ask them which arithmetic
> incantation will allow us to drink brine from the sea instead of fresh water.
> Shouldn't be a big deal... ;)

There are those who believe that the very atoms are necessary in order to
preserve a consciousness: making an arbitrarily close copy won't do. From what
you have said before, this is what you think, but it goes against any widely
accepted biological or physical scientific theory.

-- Stathis Papaioannou