On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:30:25 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

>  Hi Craig,
>
> What is a fundamentalist pathology ? And how does it apply to science ?

A pathology here refers to a degenerative condition, like a disease, decay,
or a failing strategy - a state of deepening dysfunction and corruption
which produces increasingly undesirable effects.

Fundamentalist here refers to a reactionary stance characterized by
rigidity and overbearing defensiveness toward alternative approaches.
Intellectual totalitarianism.

Craig