On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:52:21 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> > I don't think there are any models or systems at all. Not physically.
> > There are only presentations and re-presentations. Habits and inertia.
>
>      I agree, they cannot be "physical" at all, they are representations
> not things-in-themselves (objects). The trick is to see the difference
> between the general properties of representations and objects while not
> thinking of they as separable. For any object there exist at least one
> representation and for every representation there exists at least one
> object. This sets up the isomorphism of the Stone duality.

I'm on board with that, but I think to complete the picture, both the
subjective representations (models) and objective representations (objects)
should be understood to exist only through subjective presentations
(sense). The isomorphism of the Stone duality requires sense to relate
topologies to algebras, i.e. they don't relate to each other directly and
independently of an observer. The duality is a reflection of the observer's
capacity to observe.

Craig