Again the shorcomings of nominamism/positivism. The greeks would laugh at
these questions. It can be explained if we abandon the monomaniatic
reductionistic physicalism and think in terms of just what we are: rational
beings:

I think that the notion of "lost control of something" in an intelligent
being -who think about future events in order to plan adequate actions in
advance- means that he can no longer preview what will happen next, so he
has no advanced plans, se has no control of the situation.

"Serious consequences" : The mind uses analogies and semantic to compress
information storage and communication. Serious means hard, severe,
important, not to be dismissed. Applied to consequences, it means that it
will be important to make plans to avoid them

2013/3/15 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>

> On Friday, March 15, 2013 2:06:50 PM UTC-4, yanniru wrote:
>>
>> Apparently the legacy view negates free will.
>>

> I think it does in many people's minds - or it would if they took their
> own beliefs seriously.
>
> Craig
>

>> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > What does it mean to 'lose control' of something?
>> >
>> > Your car, your bladder, your gambling, your pet Rottweiler...
>> >
>> > What are the broad physical principles involved? What are we talking
>> about
>> > when we refer to this, and why is it something that can have
>> consequences
>> > considered to be 'serious'?
>> >
>> > It would seem that the legacy view is to simply deny that this phrase
>> refers
>> > to anything in particular. All processes are simply probabilistic
>> exchanges
>> > and clockwork mechanisms which are not 'controlled' by anything in
>> > particular to begin with.
>> >
>> > Craig
>> >
>> > --
>> group/everything-list?hl=en<http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en>.