On Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:53:42 PM UTC-4, John Clark wrote:

> Near death experiences are real, they exist, and they are very dull.

Dull in what way?

> When the brain is deprived of oxygen some people have hallucinations and
> other experiences, and some of which can be pleasurable hence the
> popularity of the dangerous practice of autoerotic asphyxia, taking LSD
> would be much safer.

You didn't read the article I guess. The whole point of the experiment is
that it shows that scientifically, memories of NDEs do not look like
memories of hallucinations.

> The thing that makes NDE so dull is that "N" stands for "near". Die and
> decay in your grave for a couple of years and then come back and tell me
> what it was like, now THAT would be interesting.

Sure, but its still odd that these hallucinations appear to to be real
visitations to other worlds. LSD trips have lots of different forms and
effects. NDEs are much more clearly defined. It doesn't mean that there is
a personal afterlife in heaven or hell, but neither is it possible that the
NDE phenomenon is what you want it to be.

Craig