On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> If I could predict God's future actions by solving partial differential
>> equations
>>

> > I have no idea what you mean by God in that sentence.

It seems odd that now you're the one complaining that the word "God" is too
ambiguous, I thought you were fine with words meaning whatever and whenever
you personally want them to mean whenever.

You know what partial differential equations are don't you? Well then, in
the above "God" is anything in which a solution to such a equation
describes the future behavior of that thing. And if experiment showed that
there was actually something that corresponded to such a solution then I
would be a believer in "God". Of course in this case the meaning of the
English letters G-O-D would not necessarily be the same, or even be vaguely
similar, to the meaning of that sequence of ASCII characters as used in
common language, but if words can mean whatever you want them to mean that
is no problem.

> you restraint the English language "God" to the post-523 occidental use
> of the term.

After decrypting the above enigmatic statement as near as I can tell you
are complaining that the common meaning of the English word "God", the
meaning of the word that I have been using, has only been in common usage
for 1490 years. Have I got that about right? Is that what you're
complaining about?

> You confirm again and again that atheists defends the uniqueness of the
> God notion:

That is correct. Atheists know that the God notion is indeed unique because
atheists are logical and have deduced that there can be only one greatest
being who created the universe because that's what another English word
"greatest" means.

> Many Christians have already a larger view.

Many Christians are morons.

 John K Clark