On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> You know what partial differential equations are don't you? Well then,
>> in the above "God" is anything in which a solution to such a equation
>> describes the future behavior of that thing.
>>

> God would be more like the one knowing the solution of the wave equation,

Fine, probabilities are good enough for me. If solving the partial
differential God equation told me that there was a 40% chance that God
would kill all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, and a 35% chance He
would create a plague of locusts, and a 25% chance He would part the Red
Sea and one of those things actually happened then I would become a theist,
provided of course that future solutions of the God Equation produced a
similar pattern of successful predictions.

>>> You confirm again and again that atheists defends the uniqueness of the
>>> God notion:

>> because atheists are logical and have deduced that there can be only one
>> greatest being who created the universe because that's what another English
>> word "greatest" means.
>>

> You admit you are christian apparently.

Yes that's what I thought, you are fine with words meaning whatever you
want them to mean whenever you want them to mean it. And that makes
communication rather difficult.

  John K Clark