On Jul 17, 2013, at 5:21 PM, chris peck <chris_peck...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Rog

A taste for fat 'helped us survive' back in the day. Doesnt mean it will be much use now. Infact now it just causes obesity and revulsion in the people you should be trying to attract.

I believe the best evidence for the cause of obesity (as well as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and possibly alzheimers) is sugar and refined carbohydrates (not fat). The most convincing source on this that I have found is Gary Taubes book "good calories, bad calories".

The ecology changes, see? Same with racism. If it ever was of use, unlikely but 'if' it was, nowadays it just induces brain rot in bitter old coots.

I agree with this point. Society changes much faster than our genes, and the pace of society's change is only increasing.

We carry much "evolutary baggage" as Carl Sagan said, and it imperils our own existance. It is xenophobia and tribalism that let us value the lives of other groups less than those of our own group, and this is why we live under the threat of nuclear annhilation.

That said, Roger's point is not entirely wrong either. I can imagine scenarios where someone acting according to politically incorrect stereotypes could make themselves safer.

Jason

--- Original Message ---

From: "Alberto G. Corona" <agocor...@gmail.com>
Sent: 18 July 2013 6:59 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: We are all naturally racists. Political correctness is likely to get you killed.

I don´t know why, but Roger don´t seems to understand that. I doubt that he read the responses.

2013/7/17 Jesse Mazer <laserma...@gmail.com>
Roger, can you please stop using this list as an outlet for any thoughts you have about politics and such? If it isn't related to the multiverse or some other fundamental metaphysical issues like consciousness, it doesn't belong here.

Jesse