On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy <
multiplecit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> deep, clear, precise, unexpected, and true + discovered in the last 2
> centuries by philosopher who is "not scientist" by John Clark's arbitrary
> standards? Ok. Aldous Huxley, writer and philosophical mystic, not
> "scientist" in your book,

But I loved his book Brave New World, I first read it when I was about 10
and reread it just a few months ago.

> discovers and articulates to the broad public that mescaline is effective
> at eliciting a subjective experiences that harmonize with the following
> kinds of philosophies, observations, and mysticisms:

People have been drinking alcohol for at least 7000 years because it alters
their perception of the world, and they have been eating Peyote, who's
active ingredient is mescaline, for almost as long. I like Aldous Huxley,
and like his grandfather and brother even more, but I don't see how
reporting on something that people have known for thousands of years is new
or unexpected.

   John K Clark