Leibniz, Idealism and Parapsychology

Since it is often based on laboratory experiments, parapsychology has a
scientific basis. But these results
are smeared by proponents of the cult of materialism, which cannot accept the
view that there is such a
thing as a mind (a Self). That alone makes materialism a joke. Materialism
originated with the Enlightenment
primarily as a reaction against religion, replacing it with reason, as well as
a misinterpretation or reinterpretation
of Descartes, by claiming that mind can interact with the body, which Descartes
maintained were two different
substances, by instead claiming that both mind and body are matter. That mind
is matter is nonsensical. Leibniz
took the other tack, that of Idealism, in which both brain and mind were Mind,
which has the philosophical support
of Kant and Plato. But the metaphysics of Leibniz are difficult especially in
the face of the bad and
completely non-Cartesian philosophy materialisam because materialism, while it
doesn't work for mind, DOES work very well for
Newtonian mechanics. Hence conventional science these days is swolidly
materialistic and Leibniz's
platonism is liost to history. I will be posting more on this, but to begin
with you might want to visit my Leibniz site,

http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
See my Leibniz site at
http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough