On Monday, September 23, 2013 1:16:08 PM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> shape belongs to the category of numbers imagination, and with comp this
> is given by  arithmetical relations.

Numbers imagination seem like human imagination to me.

> It is not. What is important is to not impose certainties on other. To
> make clear what we assume.

That's what I am trying to do - make clear what you assume. If you start
out granting numbers imagination, then you have already have consciousness,
and have no need for comp.

> Maybe you can get a set of variables with unknown values, but why would
> they have a smell or sound?
>

> Because if they didn't, you would die when saying "yes" to the doctor.

Yes, you would.

> The truth or falsity of comp is out of my topic.
>
> I am interested only in the refutability of comp.

That may already be biasing the evaluation of comp beyond repair.
Consciousness is not about refutability, it is about perceiving and
participating. Refutability is a second order logic derived from that. If
you use the weak standard of refutability, then you cannot be surprised
when we take a puppet for a person.

Craig