Hi Jason (again)

in your response to Brent:

>>Personally I believe no theory that aims to attach persons to one
>>psychological or physiological continuity can be successful.

ok, but in Bruno's step 3 it is taken as axiomatic that you survive in both
branches because there is a continuity of psychological phenomena like memory.
this is the 'yes doctor' axiom. Being an axiom Bruno doesn't need to defend it.
We are obliged to assume it.

That said, taking issue with it is tantamount to admitting that we do not
survive the teleportation, in which case the probability of me seeing Moscow or
Washington is 0.

There is a concept of the observer moment. A discrete snippet of experience and
the UD is churning these out willy nilly in a digital form. Or maybe they're
all just there in an infinite plenitude of blah. Now the observer moments can
be in any old order. A moment from tomorrow can be churned out before a moment
from yesterday. Identity emerges as a trace of coherent memory. There is no
need for an inherent order between the elements so long as there is some means
of coherently connecting the observer moments. In this scheme the order is
implicit in the notion of coherent memory.To use an analogy from IT , I suspect
its the difference between sorting an array of shuffled digital cards or just
keeping track of pointers to cards in an array when shuffling. Like wise
physics emerges in this coherent trace. For example, in one observer moment a
pen is dropped. Whats next? An observer moment where the pen goes down? One
where it goes up? One where it goes right or left? All these moments are
catered for in the infinite plenitude. So physics, here the law of gravity,
becomes an investigation into a psychologically consistent trace of pen
moments. All those where the pen keeps going down in my trace. Its going to be
tricky to keep track of traces because they criss-cross. That is, all moments
in some sense are coherent with one another. The pen down one vertical voxel is
a consistent with moments where the pen is at any of the voxel neighbors, up
down, left right, back forward. Taking different velocities into account it
doesn't even have to be a neighboring voxel. Where is velocity anyway? Is it
between the moments? Within the moments. A problem here I think.

Anyway, the point is that continuity between moments seems to me to be a big,
big deal in this scenario. So, if you are of the view that continuity isn't
even sufficient to maintain identity then I wonder to what degree you really
are on the same page as Bruno.

best regards.