On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> LOL -- totally -- who exactly is this undefined "many" that considers
> Scalia to be an intellectual?

According to Wikipedia "Scalia has been described as the intellectual
anchor of the Court's conservative wing", and it makes sense in a way,
conservatives don't want change and Scalia (the man who put George Bush in
the white House) and his views would be at home in the 12'th century. He
seems genuinely puzzled as to why the devil doesn't make his existence
obvious as he did in Biblical times! He also says that people smarter than
you or me have believed in this drivel, and that's true, but Scalia doesn't
believe it because of his towering intellect, he believes it because when
he was still pooping in his pants his mommy and daddy told him that a
invisible man in the sky who loves him very much will torture him for a
infinite number of years if he places one toe out of line. And being a
conservative who doesn't like change his view hasn't changed from that day
to this.

I like Bill Maher's comment on the Scalia interview:

"They usually see Michele Bachmann as a total loon, but Scalia as a serious
intellectual.  When actually, they're the exact same idiot. It would be one
thing if Mr. Scalia sold pizza for a living, but this is a man we go to to
interpret our laws.  It's like smelling a gas leak and calling an
exorcist."

   John K Clark