This is true, Professor Marchal, but more directly, what if they tell Brent, as
US Director of the  Climatological Remediation Bureau, "Stop telling is what to
do. You are already rich and all we want to do is catch up. It's not fair that
you have so much, while our people struggle. Why don't you go worry about your
own country, and leave us the hell, alone!"

Brent, in direct contact with the Prime Minister/President, recommends an
economic boycott of the environmental polluters. The BRIC's respond with fury,
and declare a counter boycott. China goes to the UN to complain about economic
imperialism, and tries to persuade other countries to boycott these wicked,
imperialist, westerners, from using economic weapons to damage the economy and
political independence of their home lands. All Loans to the imperialist
country, the ASU, are halted.

The President calls this economic and monetary, piracy! Brent, disgusted by
their insane, intransigence, on the climate, on human survival, calls the
President at the golf course, or shooting hoops, says: "Sir. These people and
their wicked polluting ways must cease otherwise, the future of our children
and their children cannot be assured." The President asks: "What do you
recommend, Brent?" Brent, tersely, replies: "We must make an example, Mr. Prime
Minister, one of their cities, using a airbust attack at 350 meters, detonating
force at 150 kiloton yield." The President is silent for several seconds. Brent
uses this as a spot to jump in, "Look, Mr. Prime Minister, our psy-ops teams
have determined that if we act soon, the opponents of fighting AGW, will not
only cave, economically, but also environmentally! They will adhere to Kyoto,
and so much, more, They want their people to survive as well!" The
President/Prime Minister thinks a moment....

Of course most progressives, simply ignore what the BRIC's contribute to AGW,
and just focus on Europe, North America, New Zealand and Aus. This is because
the BRIC's are mostly brown toned, and they also tend to get violent if you
piss them off. Not like us lily livered  yanks.