On 12/5/2013 1:33 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

2013/12/5 <spudboy...@aol.com <mailto:spudboy...@aol.com>>

    They are proven false. People leave religions all the time. Often for
another one.

If they were proven false, what's your explanation of why the catholic church still exists and has followers ? (or take your pick at any current religion here on earth)

But as I pointed out by quoting H. L. Mencken's "Graveyard of the Gods", there are hundreds, if not thousands, of religions that have come and gone. I wouldn't say that they vanished because they were disproven. Often they have been deprived of adherents by conquest. Some have been displaced by newer or modified religions.