On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Who can tell me that quantum immortality is not religion.

I can. The defining characteristic of religious people is being seldom
correct but always certain, and so quantum immortality is not a religion
because I'm far from certain, I don't know that it's true and I don't know
that it's untrue. Technically I'd have to say the same about the existence
of God, but the probability that the Christian or Muslim God exists is,
although nonzero, too low to worry about. I would guess that the
probability quantum immortality exists is low, although vastly greater than
the probability of God's existence. I don't know what the probability that
my probability estimate is correct, probably pretty low.

  John K Clark