Telmo asked:

*Honest question: isn't "dark matter" a fancy name for failed predictions?*

*I would not be so rude * - just call it an ingenious way to save our
scientific face in so far developed conventional science.
Then it required 'dark energy' in the dark minds.And ALL had been justified
by the theories to be justified.
John M