On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Comp is the belief (hope, assumption, theory) that you can survive when
> saying yes to a doctor who proposed to you a digital computer brain
> transplant.

If that were all "comp" meant I would have no problem with it, but I know
from bitter experience that "comp" also includes all sorts of other things
(many contradictory) and it includes all the bogus conclusions from your
pronoun rich erroneous proof. So that is why I refuse to use your homemade
term "comp" and don't know what you mean when you use it.

> Of course to get this, you should put your shoes in the first person
> picture, and stay in it for awhile,

And that's a good example of such a contradiction right there. If it were
possible to "put your shoes in the first person picture, and stay in it for
awhile" then only a fool would say "yes" to a doctor in the above
definition; but in a world with duplicating machines that simply can't be
done because you've got 2 identical pairs of shoes and no way to know which
pair to put your feet into.

In all your thought experiments you make the hidden assumption that the
duplicating machines can make a exact copy of everything in the universe
EXCEPT for a pair of shoes,  and so there is only one unique pair of shoes
that one can put ones feet into, the mighty original. But as for me I see
nothing special about the original and see no reason shoes can't be
duplicated just like everything else.

  John K Clark