John,

Yes, you are absolutely correct it depends on the universe being a logical
structure. That 2nd fundamental Axiom is in my book on Reality also.
However there is overwhelming evidence for that...

You slightly misunderstand my statement that 'there is no need for a
creation event'. Of course it is clear the big bang occurred but that was
not a creation event so much as an actualization event out of a state of
existence similar to a generalized quantum vacuum which existed 'prior' (in
single quotes since there was no clock time then so prior is misleading in
that sense) to the big bang and in fact must have always existed and still
exists as the substrate, or logical space of reality, in which the
information of the actualized universe continually computes its current
state.

Hope that clarifies things... Never fear, I agree with you and the
astronomers there was a big bang!

Edgar