On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> All events without exception happen in the present moment.

An event is specified by a unique time and space, a asteroid crashing into
Chicxulub 66 million years ago was an event, but it did not happen in the
present moment.

> Of course those events can happen with different clock times according to
> relativistic conditions in different frames,

If time isn't what clocks measure then what do clocks measure? And what is
time?

> but they always happen in the present moment.

OK, but then "the present moment" is about as far from being unique as you
can get, and is purely subjective too, but then everybody knew that long
before Einstein.

> lt is very strange to me how no one seems to understand what I'm even
> saying with respect to two kinds of time,

Count me as one of their number, I don't understand what you're talking
about either, nor do I understand how postulating a new type of time helps
us understand more about how the world works.

  John K Clark