On 01 Jan 2014, at 16:46, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Dear Bruno,

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 5:39 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
Dear Stephen,

On 31 Dec 2013, at 20:19, Stephen Paul King wrote:

How does it emerge?

The UD, alias RA, emulates all machines.

I see this as true, but in the sense of a static representational model. There is no "action" involved!

Then RA would only describe the computations, not emulate them. But it does. "Action" is recognized by the machine inside. Actions and changes are defined and measure internally by machines *relatively* to universal numbers. Here comp generalized Special relativity, somehow. There is no absolute time, except, if we want see it in that way, in the 0, 1, 2, 3, .... number sequence.

This puzzles me. How is the "recognition of action" and definitions and measures of action equivalent to action itself?

They are not. Some actions can "happen" because some diophantine relations emulates some 'history'. The recognition of action will appear when the diophantine relation emulates some history involving self-aware universal numbers. They do the recognition relatively to that history.

The map is the territory?

The map is in the territory. There is a fixed point.

We agree that there is no absolute time. :-)

OK.

And if there is one, aren't there indefinitely many emerging?

Yes, there are infinitely many emerging, and that is why there is a global relative 1-indeterminacy on the whole UD*, or RA emulation.

Are you saying that the FPI obtains from the infinite number of "emergings"?

There are two notions of "emergence" used here. The emergence by the "theoremhood", like when saying that once God created the natural numbers and said "add & multiply", you can define the prime numbers and they emerge from all arithmetical relations definable in arithmetic. Then there is the FPI emergence, which is made of all finite union of the finite piece of the UD work. You can say that the FPI bears on all what emerge in the first sense, yes.

In my thinking FPI is the result of a failure of computations to achieve exact bisimulation. How this failure occurs exactly I do not know.

Does it have to be "global"?

Yes. like in step 7, we are confronted to the whole of UD* (or to the whole of the Sigma_1 truth).

This bothers me, as it requires an eternity.

Yes, but the 1p don't see it, and the eternity is not in the ontology, only in what the 1p misses.

I worry about this because it seems to assume a privileged observer that has the ability to simultaneously perceive all of the emergings.

He perceives only one "outcome" (like in the WM-duplication), selected among the infinities of possible computations emulated in RA.

Yes, that "one" can obtain with an infinite number of constraints imposed on the collection of computations.

Or not, but no matter what, that happens in infinitely many diophantine relations.

A pigeon hole principle. This is why I promote the interaction/ participation picture of Wheeler.

I only give a problem. Solve it by any way you can, but try to translate it in term of the G/G*/S4Grz/XYZ to get the quanta/qualia distinction relevant in the comp mind body problem.

I reject that "God's eye view".

The outer 3p God's view is given, in comp, by the arithmetical truth. It is a little and simple God, like in Plotinus. It is far simpler than the Noùs or than the Universal Soul.

I say that such is not necessary! Truth can be completely local and will give us what we have.

It depends from what you search.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/everything-list/7G5zm5OFT0k/unsubscribe . To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com .

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher
Mobile: (864) 567-3099

stephe...@provensecure.com

 http://www.provensecure.us/

“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message immediately.”