On 12 Jan 2014, at 08:05, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Dear Brent,

I am writing about concepts that are more fundamental than physics, but some of the same ideas transfer from the fundamental to the phenomenal. Physics is phenomena that we can observe and measure...

Neutrality is the absence of properties or the sum of all possible properties.

Sorry but I can't give sense to this.

We get Nothingness either way. My claim is that arithmetic is not Nothing thus it is not neutral and cannot be the foundation of a neutral monism.

But as I said, the notion of Nothing assumes many things, and you have to give the axioms on things to get that nothing.

"nothing" as a word alone is not better than "existence" of "God" or "physical universe", etc.

You start by assuming what we want to explain from things we do grasp. It is equivalent with "don't ask", or with "don't do science".

Bruno