The demonstration that the sum of the positive integers is -1/12 relies on
the assumption that the sum of

1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 ....  is
1/2

However that is by no means certain. The sum could be undefined, in which
case the proof simply fails. Or it could be one of the other values
mentioned - if it's 0, we get the sum of the positive ints is either 0 or
infinity (because S = 4S). If it's 1, we get the sum of the pos int = -1/6!