On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> "Free Will" is the inability to predict your own actions even in a
>> stable environment.
>>

> > Yes, that's (almost) my definition.

It can't be unless you've recently changed your definition. You said on May
11, 2010:

 "I don't see how the notion of moral responsibility make sense without
free-will. Without free-will everyone is innocent. Free-will is why there
are prisons."

That statement is ridiculous using my definition, it isn't coherent, it
isn't even "almost" coherent.

> Such definition belongs to the compatibilist theories of free-will. There
> are books on this.

Your problem, and that of most philosophers, is that you don't know the
difference between a theory and a definition; as a result you spend a great
deal of time trying to prove something (we have free will) but not only are
you unable to prove it you don't even know what you're trying to prove.

> You do the same error with "free will" than with "God". You decide to
> take the most gibberish sense of the word to critize the idea,

When I write the word "God" I mean the same thing, or close to it, that
most people mean. But when you write the letters G-o-d you mean something
so general and innocuous (something greater than yourself) that the result
is only a fool would say he doesn't believe in God. The only reason I can
figure why somebody would want to do that is if they just wanted to make
the noise "I believe in God" and didn't care what if anything that
vocalization meant.

> instead of using the less gibberish sense, to focus on what we really try
> to talk and share about.

If you were really interested in ideas and not in just words you wouldn't
use the ASCII sequence "G-o-d" that virtually guarantees you will be
misunderstood because it contains far more baggage than any other word in
the English language. Far far more!

 John K Clark