Maybe it will help to make the sense-primitive view clearer if we think of
sense and motive as input and output.

This is only a step away from Comp, so it should not be construed to mean
that I am defining sense and motive as merely input and output. My purpose
here is just to demonstrate that Comp takes so much for granted that it is
not even viable as a primitive within its own definitions.

Can we all agree that the notion of input and output is ontologically
essential to the function of computation? Is there any instance in which a
computation is employed in which no program or data is input and from which
no data is expected as output? This would suggest that computation can only
be defined as a meaningful product in a non-comp environment, otherwise
there would be no inputting and outputting, only instantaneous results
within a Platonic ocean of arithmetic truth. Where do we find input and
output within arithmetic though? What makes it happen without invoking a
physical or experiential context?

As an aside, its interesting to play with the idea of building a view of
computation from a sensory-motive perspective. When we use a computer to
automate mental tasks it could be said that we are 'unputting' the effort
that would have been required otherwise. When we use a machine to emulate
our own presence in our absence, such as a Facebook profile, we are
"onputting" ourselves in some digital context.