All,

It seems to me there are some somewhat questionable assumptions here based
on a very restricted data set.

First, the presumed acceleration of the Hubble expansion is based on the
varying redshifts of standard candles such as type 1a supernovas with
distance and time.

The basic problem with this is that we observe past times only at
particular distances, and equivalently distances only at particular past
times. So we have to assume that

1. At all past times, the universe at all distances was expanding at the
same rate that we can observe it expanding only at a SINGLE distance.
2. That the apparent sizes of things (1a's) recedes LINEARLY with both time
and distance over the entire history, and entire expanse of the universe.
In other words that there is no type of large scale spacetime curvature
that would result in a slightly NONlinear decreases or increases in
apparent size over the expanse and history of the universe.
3. That there is no alternative cause of red shift other than relative
velocity (specifically when it comes to evaluating 1a's for which we can
eliminate or account for gravitational redshifts). In particular that
enormous time and distance per se have no effect on EM frequencies.

Thus the initial but unverifiable assumption is that the universe expanded
at the same rate everywhere at any given time. However we actually have
absolutely NO IDEA of how fast it is actually expanding right NOW because
we cannot measure what it is doing right now because we have to wait for
the light to reach us. We can only measure what what it was doing at
various past times and then only at particular distances. So right now the
distant universe could well be collapsing or exploding and we would have
absolutely no knowledge of that. So we simply cannot say with any certainty
at all that 'the Hubble expansion is accelerating' right NOW.

Also we know (or assume) that the early universe was significantly SMALLER
than the current universe since it has been expanding continuously. In
other words galaxies must have been significantly CLOSER together back then
even though we see them distributed all around the galactic sphere as if
they are not.

This produces a type of illusion of scale when we look back into the
universe. The problem is that into the distant universe and back into
distant time the sides of our light cones are not straight but CURVED,
because they must eventually all converge at the big bang towards a single
point (if we could see back that far) rather than continuing to expand in
straight lines back into time as they are usually depicted.

Now it seems to me this might cause some non-linear effect of red shifts or
apparent sizes of distant 1a quasars which would affect the calculations of
Hubble expansion rates over time.

Is anyone familiar with this argument and able to comment on the
implications?

Thanks,
Edgar