Jesse,

Consider another simple example:

A and B in deep space. No gravity. Their clocks, t and t', are
synchronized. They are in the same current p-time moment and whenever t =
t', which is always their clock times confirm they are the same current
p-time as well as the same clock time.

Now magically they are in non-accelerated relative motion to each such that
each sees the other's clock running half as fast as their own.

During the duration of the relative motion whenever A reads t = n on his
OWN clock and B reads t'=n on his OWN clock they will be at the same
current moment of p-time. They can use this method later on to know what
they were doing at the same present moment.

Note however that both A and B will be seeing what each other was doing not
at the present moment but in the past because they observe each other's
clocks to run only half as fast as their own. They cannot directly observe
the other's actions in the same p-time moment but they can calculate them.

Now imagine the relative motion suddenly stops without any acceleration
(this is just a thought experiment to keep things simple and easier to
understand).

Now both A and B will again be stationary with respect to each other and
their clocks will be running at the same rate again AND they will still be
synchronized (because the relative motion caused no lasting effect when it
stopped). Now again their same clock times will mark them being in the same
current moment of p-time whenever t = t' which will again be ALL the time.

So they were always in the same current moment of p-time, and always when t
= t' on their own clocks, but they saw each other's clocks slow and so
could not see what each other was doing in the current moment of p-time
(they see what each other was doing in a past current moment of p-time)
when in relative motion. They could not observe the other's current p-time
but they could calculate it and after the trip could tell exactly what each
other was doing at every moment of p-time during the relative motion just
by asking what they were doing at any clock time t value.

Thus there is always an actual p-time 'same time' whether or not it is
observable or not. All observers in the universe are always doing something
at the same time all other observers are, and using this method they can
always tell what that was...

Edgar