On Sunday, February 9, 2014 3:44:09 AM UTC, Russell Standish wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 07:18:06AM -0800, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
> > Liz,
> >
> > No 5D embedding space. The rate of expansion is just the intrinsic
> > processor cycle 'rate'. The only real measure of that is how it
> manifests
> > in the computations it produces because only they have any measure
> because
> > only they have dimensionality. Again whenever we try to measure p-timel
> we
> > end up measuring only what it has computed because only what it computes
> > has measure including all measuring sticks, clocks and devices. P-time
> > computes all dimensionality, and all measuring devices. Thus those
> > measuring devices only measure other things that have been computed, not
> > the p-time that computes them all.
> >
> > Thus when I speak of a processor 'rate', it's only an illustrative
> analogy
> > because that rate has no direct measure. The only glimpse we get of it
> is
> > in the minimal quanta of time measured in clock time, and presumably the
> > curvature of the universe. So in clock time terms the p-time processor
> > cycle must be very short, on the scale of what scientists misleadingly
> call
> > the Planck time scale.
> >
> > The p-time processor rate must obviously be fast enough to compute all
> > events in clock time, so in CLOCK time measures, the duration of a
> p-time
> > processor cycle must be shorter than the shortest clock time event.
> >
> > Edgar
> >

> Let me see if I've got your idea now: you suppose that there is some
> primitive ontological computer running a specific program that
> computes all physical events on the fly, perhaps like Wolfram's
> CA. Then for any events, there must be a specific clock cycle on which
> it is computed, and for any two events, there is a matter of fact
> whether event A is computed prior to event B (or vice verse), or that
> the two events are computed simulatenously, in case the ontological
> computer is a parallel computer with synchronous updates (like
> Wolfram's model). Is this close to your idea of "p-time"?
>
> Of course there are many criticisms to this, if that is the case: 1)
> If something like the universal dovetailer is implementing our
> physics, then there is no matter of fact as to which order events are
> computed, as there are many different equivalent programs for
> computing something that are being emulated by the dovetailer. This is
> the essence of the UDA.
>
> 2) Even if it were a direct compution of reality a la Wolfram, an
> asyncronously updating parallel computer need not have a matter of
> fact to whether A is computed before B, just so long as the
> relativistic causal structure is preserved.
>
> Cheers

Which is everything hangs on p-time. It's a uber simplification. We are all
taking our bets I suppose, and different ways to be realistic. One of mine
is to strengthen the tie between realism and core theories. Not just the
theories as their forces, but what else is said about nature in how things
are done. In terms of that, the picture is of beautiful, parsimonious,
fractallike, richly interweaved, fundamentally mathematical, inherently
knowable. That's my world. Then out to the edge, everything is infinities
in every direction.

It can't be understood intellectually. I turn to art. Paint the frontiers,
string theory knackers yards. brains and their higher consciousness. The
world that has everything where nothing ever happens. It's hideous. My
paintings are awesome. I'm the only one painting the frontier. I'm going to
wait for the day it all gets torn down, I have a false ear purchased
already. I will use my art wealth to push hard to make infinity a class A
drug