On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> > Bell's Inequality in my opinion does not explain the mechanism of EPR.
>>

> True, Bell couldn't explain it but he did prove that if his inequality is
> violated then there is something that needs to be explained. Bell said that
> if the universe worked in a way that nearly everybody thought was
> intuitively obvious then a inequality that he found could never be
> violated, but quantum mechanics said that it could be. Years later
> experiments were performed to see who was right and it turned out that
> quantum mechanics triumphed over common sense. Today very few physicists
> even claim to have a deep understanding of why that is true, but the
> experimental evidence is now so strong that none can deny that it is in
> fact true.
>
> > The Einstein-Rosen bridge does.
>>

> No it does not. In fact, although Einstein never lived to see Bell's work,
> if he had he would have certainly bet that experiments would never find
> that Bell's inequality was ever violated. And Einstein would have lost his
> bet.
>
> > It explains how entangled particles maintain their connection.
>>

> Einstein-Rosen bridges may or may not exist, but even if they do neither
> Einstein nor Rosen could explain how their bridge "knows" if a observer
> (whatever that means) is looking at it or not.

John, You need to read about the latest developments in string theory. Here
is a link the the original Maldacena-Susskind 48 page paper
http://arxiv.org/abs/1306.0533. But if that is a bit much here is a
seemingly accurate summary
http://news.sciencemag.org/physics/2013/12/link-between-wormholes-and-quantum-entanglementincluding
some follow on work. Most of the popular write-ups describing
ER=EPR by tech writers are plainly inaccurate. Richard